Gnulib module: setenv
Portability problems fixed by Gnulib:
- This function is missing on some platforms:
AIX 4.3.2, HP-UX 11.23, IRIX 6.5, Solaris 9, mingw, MSVC 9, BeOS.
- This function is not declared on some platforms:
- On some platforms, this function does not fail with ‘EINVAL’ when
passed an empty string or a string containing ‘=’:
MacOS X 10.5, FreeBSD 6.0, NetBSD 1.6, OpenBSD 3.8, Cygwin 1.5.x.
- On some platforms, this function removes a leading ‘=’ from the
Portability problems not fixed by Gnulib:
- Older versions of POSIX required that
EINVAL, but not all implementations guarantee this,
and the requirement was removed.